A monthly webinar series with an opportunity to have all of your questions answered about building your passive home with EkoBuilt. Check here for the date of our next passive house webinar, as well as to get an overview of this monthly staple in our communications!
What is it?
Build Your Home “Ask Me Anything” webinar with EkoBuilt’s president and visionary Paul Kealey.
Sep. 29th, 7pm – 9pm EDT (we’ll run longer if needed to accommodate your questions).
Get your questions answered on process, time, costs, and financing. Learn about passive house and other energy efficient buildings like Energy Star, Leeds and Net Zero. Explore the benefits of a passive house to your health and your wallet. Learn about issues to avoid costly mistakes.
This webinar will provide you with valuable information to help you understand the house building process, to make it less overwhelming and educate yourself. Save thousands of dollars in your own home building journey by being prepared.
You will have all your questions answered by a world class building expert in the ‘Ask Me Anything’ Q&A.
This interactive webinar is truly fantastic for anyone planning to build sustainably in the many senses of the term “sustainable” from healthy materials, availability, environmental impact, strategic use, and more.
Rather than pouring through a plethora of information and misinformation, EkoBuilt have curated a selection of key considerations and relevant topics to discuss in a well-rounded agenda centered around the design and building principles of passive houses. Jaison and Paul also take the time to address any and all questions, even if a topic needs to be revisited.
It is well worth the time to bring any questions and concerns in building to the EkoBuilt team. Webinar participant Michael Lam
Check this page, follow our blog, or subscribe to our mailing list to be sure you know the date of the next webinar.
Cost: $100 CAD. Limited seats available.
- Vital information to save money on your build
- Your questions answered by a world class building expert (‘Ask Me Anything’ Q&A)
- Post webinar you’ll receive a $1,000 coupon to apply toward delivery and shipping charges towards purchase of your Ekobuilt Weathertight Shell Material Kit.
- Types of Energy Efficient Builds & Passive House:
Differences in Minimum Code to Energy Star/R2000/Leeds to Net Zero & Passive House, so you can make the right choices for you.
- Steps in building a house
From site prep to interiors, understand the steps & sequences for a rural or city build, so you are less overwhelmed.
- Timeline to build a house
Learn about the timeline for each step and how to plan a less stressful build.
- Costs (initial, lifetime) of a sample house
See a sample house priced out, and areas where you can reduce cost.
- How does construction financing work
See typical bank financing and variations that can work for you.
- Benefits of passive house certified and traps to avoid
Learn what traps to avoid, and how passive certified assemblies (eg: Wall/Roof) and systems (eg: HVAC) benefit the health, energy efficiency & air tightness of your home.
- “ASK ME ANYTHING” with Paul Kealey, President & Chief Visionary at Ekobuilt: We answer all your questions in this session. You’ll also gain lots of value from questions asked by other home owners looking to build.